Monday, March 30, 2020

I know this is an odd time to track out, but Track 4 will be tracking out on Wednesday, April 1-Wednesday, April 22.  Virtual learning will begin for quarter 4 on Thursday, April 23.  

What should I be doing with my child at home?
All of your child's classwork during this time of virtual learning is being posted on Google Classroom.  Here are a few things to keep in mind about Google Classroom:
  • You access it through your child's Wake ID.  If you need help getting into Wake ID please email me.  
  • There are two pages:  Streaming and Classwork.  The streaming page is a place where I can post messages and I am currently posting my read alouds on a daily basis.  The classwork page is where you child accesses their assignments.
  • Once your child finishes an assignment, they should click turn in.  This is not required for me to view their work, but does make it easier for me to see that they are finished.
  • Your child can ask me questions through comments on assignments.  I can also write them comments to give them feedback on their work.
Please keep in mind that right now all assignments are optional and are not graded.  However, beginning Thursday, April 23 your child is required to participate in virtual learning.  

I fully understand that parents are balancing working at home with giving their child an education.  I am doing the same balancing act.  Please only do what you can.  Do not stress.  Spend time with your children, go for walks, play games, give them some time to play while you get your work done.  DON'T STRESS.  We are all in this together and your child's education will turn out just fine even having missed this time at school.

Additional Resources for Home Use:

Track Out
I know several families would like to continue the routines they have set in place with schoolwork during track out.  I am working on putting together some assignments that can be used long term throughout track out.  They are scheduled in Google Classroom beginning on April 1 and your children will be able to work on them at their own pace until track in.

I will still continue to check my email during track out, but not on a daily basis.  Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns, but know that I may not respond right away.  I appreciate your understanding while I attempt to balance home and work life as I know you are all working on as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know this is an odd time to track out, but Track 4 will be tracking out on Wednesday, April 1-Wednesday, April 22.  Virtual learning will...